Wednesday 7 October 2009

Plague strikes!!!!!

A 4 day holiday in Spain followed by a bout of Flu has resulted in slower than usual progress this week. I have nearly completed 12 figures for the next unit which I hope to get completed and photographed at the weekend.

I’ve had a number of comments and questions on the bases so I may try and do a step-by-step on how I do my bases once I get this current unit completed.

In the meantime I’ve added a couple of pictures of the completed Wolftail warriors that I previously showed as WIP – this I hope will provide a direct comparison and hopefully show that an average painted figure can look reasonably good if a little extra time is taken on the basing.



Thanks to all those people that have commented so far – please keep them coming as they do help me to keep pushing with this project. Also please feel free to ask any questions as I’m more than happy to share any of the painting or modelling techniques I use.

7 comments:

  1. They look nice and you managed a nice tone to the black which is probably the hardest color to get a nice tone on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great blog, I love all the character you've achieved in the diferent units.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your project. I just finished reading the Arthur series this summer, and I painted one DBA spear element of Derfel and his Wolftails. I'll defintiely keep an eye on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind comments once again everyone.

    Andrew - Your figures look good, especially the Nimue figure. Have you managed to finish anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I stopped after that one element. I am waiting for Hat to release their Medium Late Roman Cavalry. The DBA list for Sub Roman Britains calls for knights. These will be perfect for Arthur's horsemen. Maybe I should work on the Saxons while I wait. I did paint a 1/72 Romano British warband to play Song of Blades and Heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice painting! Setting them in the Cornwall Arthurian books is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to join the praising choire: Very nice looking units so far. Well-thought-out choice of colours and symbols, that resemble perfectly the beloved Arthur Chronicles (still have to read the third volume, though).

    Will keep an eye on your progress - good luck so far (and get well soon)!

    Cheers
    SG

    ReplyDelete